The Lord’s Supper: A Reminder, Opportunity, Invitation, and Warning
1 CORINTHIANS 11:23-30
- The Lord’s Supper is a reminder: “He’s alive!”
- The Lord’s Supper is an opportunity: Be comforted.
- The Lord’s Supper is an invitation: Get started!
The message of Jesus is:
- Simple—the message of Jesus life, death, burial and resurrection.
- Frequent—We should be sharing the message of Jesus all the time.
- Universal— Everyone can come to Jesus.
- The Lord’s Supper is a warning: Not to take unworthily! VS.27-30
- How to prepare ourselves for the Lord’s Supper:
Vs. 28—Let a man examine himself.
- Review our relationship with the Lord and others.
- Confess our sin and ask forgiveness.
- Rededicate ourselves to Christ.