IT IS FINISHED
- It is Finished is the Greek word is “Tetelestai”.
- Tetelestai is a very vivid and expressive word.
- Understanding how it was used in that day will help us understand what Jesus said when He said “It is finished!”
- It Was A Servant’s Word – Used when a task was finished!
- It Was A Priest’s Word – Used When a sacrificial animal was examined and found worthy.
- It Was A Farmer’s Word – Used when an animal was born that was a perfect specimen.
- It Was An Artist’s Word – Used when an artist had applied the finishing touches to a masterpiece. It meant that nothing more could be done to make it better.
- It Was A Merchant’s Word – Used when a merchant and a customer had haggled over a price and had reached a price that was acceptable to both. This implied that the haggling was over, the deal was struck and everyone involved had been fully satisfied.
- The Sacrifice was Acceptable.
- The Scriptures were Fulfilled.
- His Sufferings were over.
- The Devil was Defeated.
- Victory was won.
- Salvation was complete and available.